The history of smoking is almost 500 years old. Now it is so common that we all have at least one friend or relative who is addicted to smoking. Hearing smoking, we all think about traditional tobacco cigarettes. Inhaling and exhaling of the burning tobacco or drugs are known as smoking. This can be done in many ways. Consuming tobacco has been a ritual for many years in our society, especially for the rich. It has been a sign of royalty or smartness. But at the beginning of 2000s, people came to learn that smoking is bad for human physical, mental and social health. Also, smoking is bad for nature. So now it has become very important to make people more aware of the bad effects of smoking.
Why should you quit smoking?
Now we all know that smoking causes cancer and it may take you to death. So this is the time you should quit smoking for good. Smoking has different types of impact on your life, and of course, they are not good at all. Some of the reasons are given below to show why you should really quit smoking.
- Smoking is an addiction, and no addiction comes with a positive impact.
- Long term smoking can damage your blood cells as well as a brain cell.
- Smoking is harmful to your oral health, and most oral cancers are caused by smoking.
- It makes you an antisocial person as you need space for smoking.
- Smoking makes you more, don’t care.
- Smoking is nothing but a waste of your money.
- As nicotine is highly addictive, once you get addicted to smoking, it will become tough to quit.
- It affects your heart, your blood pressure and even your reproductive system.
- Addictive things always give satisfaction for a short time, so smoking makes you anxious. Very soon, you lose your control, and it starts to control you.
- Smoking not only harms you, but it also harms those people who are around you. So for them, you must quit smoking.
How to quit smoking?
Giving up an addiction is not an easy task. It would help if you worked hard for it. There are a lot of people who want to quit smoking but do not know how to start.
- You have to get determined about it: No more confusion about quitting smoking. Once you decide, you want to quit smoking, then no more come back.
- Day by day, you have to decrease your cigarettes: If you are a chain smoker, you have to practice this every day as it is tough to give up in a day.
- No more excuses for smoking: You need to stay very strict about it. On any occasion or a bad situation, you need to stay away from it.
- Think about your family and your loved ones: Spend more time with your family and friends. Share your problem with them. They will surely help you to come out of this addiction.
- Try to keep yourself positive: Always try to stay positive. Never mix with negative people. They will only show you the negative sides of the world, which will make you more frustrated.
- Consult with a psychiatrist: To have good control of yourself, you should consult with a good psychiatric.
- E-cigarette: If it is almost impossible for you to quit smoking, you can switch to e-cigarette or vape with zero nicotine or various food flavors, which will help you forget the tobacco flavor. For further information, you can click here.
It is never too late to quit smoking. Once you decide to quit smoking, half of your task is done.